Friday, March 9, 2007

You... the Uncertain!

Possibly this could be another fate of mine
Directed towards certainty

I keep on walking in a desert
Against the blowing wind
Sand in my hair, Sand in my eyes
Paralysing my sight
Sand-studded, me glowing bright!

I wake up one morning
To find myself on a bed
Surrounded by depths of space
Infinitely deep...
I hang myself beneath the bed
Contemplating... whether I should let go

I sit still at the base of a pond
Silence humming in my ear-drums
And I breathe - Water
Choking my nose, Choking my throat!
Life calls... And I budge to swim
Only to realise I am a statue
Already dead...waiting to dissolve.

I fuel the fire of my desires
With you...
And when I find it extinguishing
I step right into the pier
To burn with the wound of your absence.

I dig into the earth
A space enough to bury me
I lie in there... staring up
Waiting for you to cover me with soil
Expecting to be suffocated
Under the auspicious cover of your hands.
But you refuse again
And I continue to lie...

Possibly this could be another fate of mine
Directed through all the elments
Towards you
Directed through certainty
Towards the uncertain...

No comments: