Friday, September 21, 2007

Eternal Hunger

Deep, dark, dear hunger
I paint on you the cause of my plight
As responsible as you are
Never do I blame you
For you are meant to be there
Your purpose-you can't explain!

I ask you - Oh! The creator
Of my mind, my soul, my being
And of the hunger, the thirst, the longing -
I ask you nothing - What should I?
And how do I?

For you may kill the poor hunger,
The thirst, the quench, the search,
Those are solely th cause of my being,
I lose them & I am lost -
The thick, white frost -
Then engulfs me, eats me and digests...
My present, remnant soul
Would then perish & my dear friend termed a ghoul...

Oh! Forget it - I will sustain
For the search that never finds me.
Your gift I rely on - Time
It waits for nothing they say
I lend my hand to carry me along.

1 comment:

Pranav said...

I liked it very much...truthful, soulful